My Latest Healthy Habit

www.enrichandflourish.blogspot.com
Drinking Water Water and Water! I know it's not a big thing to most of you who are reading this! But for me it is! I have been very lazy to drink water ever since I was a child. I don't remember anyone forcing me to drink water, as a child.

Later on when I reached my medical school, I used to wonder at my friend who used to drink 3 to 4 glasses of water frantically after every class hour.

One day I asked her,
"Why are you drinking so much water like crazy?"
She answered,
"To keep my skin fresh and glowing. You also try it."
Being lazy by birth to drink water, I thought in my mind,
"I can't do it. I'm happy with the 'glow' I have."

This no-water attitude of mine continued until one fine morning when I saw my room mate yelling out at the top of her voice with pain. I tried by all means to comfort her but was in vain. Later I found out that she had a severe case of acute UTI (Urinary Tract Infection) since her water intake was low. This reason made me reconsider the addition of more water in my diet. From that day, I decided to drink water as much as possible. 

But then I thought, how much water will I be able to drink? One or two glasses after lunch and dinner was what I was drinking all these years of my life. How can I suddenly shift to 1 to 2 bottles? But I made myself to succumb to my decision and I started drinking as much water I could, though not much in quantity.

By destiny, after a few years, I ended up as a doctor in a clinic in Dubai, where I had to give advises to patients on healthy lifestyle. To my surprise, I found myself telling every single patient to drink at least 2.5 liters of water a day. The guilty consciousness lingered in me whenever I thought of myself. 'Preaching without Practicing'. Again, that was not a reason strong enough to motivate me to drink more water.

Months passed. Life's circumstances changed.I became pregnant.I was diagnosed to be having low amount of amniotic fluid, for which the only solution my gyneac told me was to drink as much water as possible.And thus, I started drinking 3 to 4 liters of water a day ! I couldn't believe I was doing it! Maybe god made moms like that. Even if you don't do it for yourself, you will do it for your baby. 

And then on,I got the hang of it, I lost all my hatred for water.I started enjoying it more, when my skin started reciprocating to the level of hydration. Literally, I could see my skin glowing! Just as my medical school friend had told me. I feel you also should try it! Water is the key for glowing fresh skin and healthy body! :) A late realization, though! 

4 comments:

  1. Late realization, but people wont take this seriously as it should be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Many people do not realise the importance of water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no matter how hard i try, i am not able to consume more than a lt of water a day :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true... Water is an elixir not just of life, but also skin!!!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog dear. Do follow too if you like! :)
    FASHION PANACHE BLOG
    Google Plus | Bloglovin | Networked Blogs | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable comment