Brown Bread Or White Bread?! Which One Do You Choose?

Have you ever wondered why your doctor always advise your diabetic father/mother to have brown bread, brown rice and chapatis instead of white rice and white bread?

I will tell you why!
In simple terms, all the above said 'brown' variants have lower Glycemic Index than the 'white ones'. Now let us see what does Glycemic Index mean?

Those foods that spike up the blood sugar levels as soon as you eat them are called foods with High Glycemic Index.Some of them are white bread, most white rices, corn flakes,glucose, maltose etc. Such foods are not recommended for Diabetic patients.

Medium Glycemic Index foods are those which can be taken in moderate quantities by Diabetic patients.Some of them are whole wheat products,sweet potato, baked potatoes, basmati rice, etc.

On the other hand, foods like legumes, pulses, most fruits, veggies, chickpeas, kidney beans,etc. are safe for Diabetic patients since they have Low Glycemic Index which does not spike up sugar levels that easily.

Moreover, recent researches have found that people who follow the Low Glycemic Index diet over many years, are at reduced risk of developing Type II Diabetes, Cardiovascular Diseases,muscular degeneration etc.

So next time, when you go for grocery shopping, make sure you pick up more veggies, fruits,legumes and beans!!

'Stay Healthy & Be Happy' with E&F

7 comments:

  1. Wonderful web site. Plenty of useful information here. I
    am sending it to some pals ans additionally sharing in delicious.
    And obviously, thanks for your effort!
    my site :: diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete
  2. An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do believe that you ought to publish more about this topic, it might not be a taboo matter but typically folks
    don't discuss these topics. To the next! Best wishes!!
    my web site > Diet plans that work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and
    tested to see if it can survive a 30 foot drop, just so she can be a youtube sensation.
    My apple ipad is now broken and she has 83 views.
    I know this is entirely off topic but I had to share it with someone!


    my homepage White Kidney Bean Extract

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I do believe this is a great website. I stumbledupon it ;) I may come back yet again since
    I book-marked it. Money and freedom is the best way to change, may
    you be rich and continue to help other people.


    My web-site; raspberry ketone reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. Highly descriptive article, I enjoyed that bit. Will there be a part 2?


    Also visit my web site: Pur Essence Skin Care Formula

    ReplyDelete
  6. After looking over a number of the articles on your web site,
    I honestly appreciate your technique of blogging.
    I book-marked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon.
    Please visit my website as well and tell me what you think.



    Review my web blog raspberry ketone reviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you
    wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home
    a little bit, but instead of that, this is great blog.
    An excellent read. I will definitely be back.

    Review my weblog: yeast infections

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your valuable comment