My Winter Skin Care
First off, sorry for the late posts. It was festivals again in Dubai. Lately I have been experiencing severe dryness of the skin owing to bad weather.Oops! Did I say "bad weather!"? Considering the extreme hot conditions in mid August and Sept, the cold climate is a wonderful thing for many people living here. But surely, not for the skin.It becomes dry, rough, pale and rosy.For some, skin becomes itchy, scaly and flaky during winter.A little care, a little more than usual, is required for cold weather conditions. Here I have listed my winter skin care routine which I follow, and which I think will help you too.
- First things first, take a bath daily. Soak yourself in warm water for 10 minutes everyday with some bath oil poured in ( preferably almond oil )
- After bath, apply a good moisturizer while the skin is still wet.
- A good moisturizer is always oil based. It forms a protective lather on your skin. The best oil based moisturizer is the one with almond oil, or you can use just the plain almond oil as a moisturizer.
- Winter sun rays are more penetrating and more skin damaging. So always use a sunblock ( with UVA and UVB protection ) whenever you go out.
- During winter, it is natural that you don't feel thirsty, but make sure you drink as much water as possible.Drink more during the day than at night.
- Keep your windows open. During winter, you prefer to remain in closed rooms all the time. This dries up the air inside and makes it lose all the moisture which makes the skin extremely dry especially when you use A/C.To prevent this, keep the windows open, at least for sometime during the day.