Top Ten Home Remedies to treat Pimples and Acne
Almost everyone of us have had suffered from Acne and Pimples at one time or the other in our life. Many of my readers have been asking to put a post on this topic for quite sometime.So here it is for you.
The exact reason for the breakout of Pimples are not yet identified, yet some of the probable reasons are excess oils, androgen and heredity. In Ayurveda, it is considered to be a disease which lets you down emotionally.In fact it does. It has occurred to me and most others who are reading this post right now.But no need to worry anymore, you can follow these simple steps and have an acne-free skin.
- Drink lots of water. This removes toxins out of your body and helps in transporting nutrients within the body, thus giving you a healthier looking, glowing skin.
- Apply very much diluted distilled vinegar at the areas of acne breakouts.Allow it to stand for 5 minutes and then rinse off.
- Apply freshly squeezed diluted lemon juice on your face for 1 minute and rinse off. Do this in the morning and evening.This is an excellent cleanser and unclogs the pores.If tingling sensation occurs, dilute the lemon juice very well.
- For a healthy skin, you must have a healthy digestive system. The digestive tract should be cleansed and flushed out of toxins.It is advised that you do purgation ( better to do it with Triphala churna -1 tablespoon with half glass water at bed time ) for cleansing the system from toxins and impurities, to have a healthy looking skin.
- Do not rub, scrub, scratch or exfoliate skin harshly with products made out of nuts and hard shells of fruits ( As seen in Everyouthful (name changed) Apricot scrub,etc ) which can tear off the top layer of skin, the epidermis. Instead use milder gentle forms which you can make easily at home (mix finely powdered rice and granulated sugar ). Do exfoliation of skin to remove dead cells only once a week because over exfoliation causes the skin to become rough.
- Excessive washing with soap can harm the skin. So wash the skin only twice a day in the morning and evening and whenever you have to wash the face, wash it with warm drinking water.
- Always wash the face before going to bed.This makes skin free from make up and dirt accumulated during the day.This unclogs the pores and helps the skin to breathe fresh air and helps in rejuvenation of cells.
- Have a healthy diet rich in Vitamins ( especially Vitamin A) and minerals, and avoid intake of oily foods.Egg yolks should be avoided completely to stop acne breakouts.
- Herbal combinations of powdered Lodhra bark, Kusthumburu and Vacha (Symplocos racemosa, Corriandrum sativum and Acorus calamus ) has proven results for treating Pimples.
- Last but not least, Be Happy and always keep a cool head.What else makes you more beautiful than a confident and pleasant smiling face.