Green tea is the new kid in the block.Many of my friends have asked me to post about Green tea.After having researched about green tea for a while, I have come to a conclusion that, green tea indeed helps in losing weight.
For those who hate the taste of green tea, there are many flavored green teas available in the market today.Recently I tried a berry flavored green tea which was simply superb.
Now coming to the good effects of green tea,it has a lot more useful nutrients than any conventional tea.It contains a certain group of phytoproteins called catechins which makes it stand out among all the others.These catechins act against free radicals which are the precursors of various health hazards in our body including cancer and heart disease.
The following are the health benefits of drinking green tea
- According to recent studies, one cup of green tea can can lower your chances of getting high Blood Pressure by about 80%
- Reduces cholesterol and makes the arteries clear and free from block
- Increases the bone density and strengthens the bone.
- Good for women who have post menopausal disorders and those nearing menopause.
- Fights stress and depression.
- Last but most important, it helps to lose weight.
Hence it is highly recommended that you make green tea a part of your health plan.
Like a coin's two sides, green tea has some disadvantages also,if taken excessively by men. It can lead to erectile dysfunctions in men if they take green tea excessively.