In Ayurveda, it is said that "roga sarve/pi mande agnou" .It means that all diseases in the world are due to improper agni or digestive fire.Hence, simply by treating your agni, most of your diseases can be cured.A little bit care, can do wonders and keep your body healthy and poised.
Yogasanas can help you immensely to cure stomach ailments. All you have to do is to find a calm place in your home,and spend 10 minutes of your time and do the following asanas daily.
- Naukasana, the boat pose
- Padaangushta nasa sparsasana
Food stuffs that has to be avoided from diet for having a healthy stomach:
- Heavy, fried spicy food
- Potatoes, Black gram, White gram
- Carbonated drinks
- Artificial sweeteners
- Chewing gum
- Cigarette smoking and Alcohol consumption
- Last, but not the least, avoid tensions. Always keep a cool head even if the ceiling is going to fall down on your head.
Things to keep in mind:
- Drink one glass of lukewarm water with 5 drops of mint (pudina) extract/ essence whenever you have a stomach upset. Try it once and you will know the difference.
- Eat smaller meals at regular intervals
- Don't leave your stomach starving for long hours. This leads to excessive production of Hydrochloric acid in stomach and your stomach swells up with gas formation.
- If in any case, your stomach is empty for a long time, drink a glass of lukewarm water to calm down your acids a bit, before you have the next meal.
- Exercise, exercise and exercise.